Out now on Blu-ray on DVD 13th July
From the Director of District 9 & Starring Sharlto Copley, Dev Patel,
With Academy Award® Nominees Sigourney Weaver & Hugh Jackman
Available on Digital HD 29 June
Out on Blu-ray™ 6 July & DVD 13 July
Blu-ray Includes an Alternate Ending, Nine Never-Before-Seen Featurettes,
& An Extended Scene
CHAPPiE Will Also be Available in a Limited Edition Blomkamp3 Set
Academy Award® nominated writer/director Neill Blomkamp (Best Writing, Adapted Screenplay, District 9, 2009) reunites with Sharlto Copley (District 9) for the sci-fi action thriller CHAPPiE, available on Digital HD 29 June, on Blu-ray™ 6 July and DVD 13 July from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment and MRC. In the near future, crime is patrolled by a mechanized police force. When one police droid, Chappie, is stolen and given new programming, he develops the ability to think and feel for himself. When authorities begin to see him as a danger, they will stop at nothing to ensure he is the last of his kind. CHAPPiE also stars Dev Patel, NINJA and ¥O-LANDI VI$$ER, and Academy Award nominees Sigourney Weaver (Best Actress, Aliens, 1986) and Hugh Jackman (Best Actor, Les Misérables, 2012).
The Blu-ray features an exclusive bonus disc with all-new special features, including an alternate ending and nine behind-the-scenes featurettes with Sigourney Weaver, Hugh Jackman and Dev Patel discussing their characters and experiences on set; highlights about Chappie the robot; casting and motion capture; and an inside look at the film’s high-action stunt sequences. Also available as part of the Limited Edition Blomkamp3 Collection, alongside District 9 and Elysium, on Blu-ray and DVD.
- Alternate Ending
- Extended Scene: “A Very Bad Man”
- Eight Featurettes:
- “Chappie: The Streetwise Professor” – An inside look at Chappie and casting Copley to play the robot and his performance via motion capture.
- “Arms Race: The Weapons and Robots” – Get a deeper look at the real-world firepower tech and the design of the “Scout” robots & “Moose.”
- “Bringing Chappie to Life: The Visual Effects” – The film’s VFX artists discuss the pre-production design process.
- “From Tetra Vaal to Chappie” – An in-depth exploration of the scriptwriting process, the early concept design work and other aspects of pre-production.
- “Keep It Gangster” – A behind-the-scenes look at the process of creating an authentic South African gangster world featuring interviews with NINJA and ¥O-LANDI VI$$ER.
- “The Reality of Robotics” – Discover present day robotics capabilities and next generation artificial intelligence, featuring an interview with Robotics Professor Wolfgang Fink.
- “Jozi: Real City and a Sci-Fi Setting” – Discover the history of the real world locations in the film and the role these settings played in the fictionalized version of Johannesburg.
- “Rogue Robot: Deconstructing the Stunts & Special Effects” – A look at the film’s high-action stunt sequences.
- “The Art of Chappie” Photo Gallery
- Crime Spree: Scene Deconstruction – A multi-part scene breakdown detailing all of the preparation and on-set chaos choreographed to film the illegal action within Chappie, including director’s insights, stunt coordination, cinematography and special effects work.
“We Are Tetravaal” featurette – Weaver, Jackman & Patel discuss their characters & on-set experiences.
CHAPPiE has a run time of approximately 120 minutes and is rated 15.
Visit Sony Pictures Home Entertainment on the Web at www.SonyPictures.com
“Academy Award®” is the registered trademark of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.