One of the most celebrated cult films of the 21st century, Nicolas Winding Refn’s 2011 thriller Drive is a modern neo-noir masterpiece. Based on the ‘05 novel by James Sallis, the film tells the story of an unnamed Hollywood stunt driver (Ryan Gosling) who moonlights as a getaway driver in the criminal underworld of LA. Boasting a flawless soundtrack and stunning neon-soaked visuals, Drive is a work of art that has been given the lavish home entertainment release it deserves from those wonderful folks at Second Sight Films. This is absolutely the definitive way to experience Drive.
We took a closer look at the beautiful new box set…
Wow. This is truly one of the most breathtaking home releases I’ve ever seen for any film. Second Sight are certainly the leaders of physical media. To say this is an early contender for release of the year is an understatement; it could just be the release of the decade.
A laconic best in the business getaway driver with a strict professional code has his life loner lifestyle turned upside down when he falls for his neighbour Irene. With her ex-con husband owing protection money she’s drawn into a dangerous underworld and only the driver can save her.
- Includes UHD and Blu-ray both with main feature and bonus features
- New 4K master produced by the original post production company and approved by Nicolas Winding Refn
- UHD presented in Dolby Vision HDR graded by the film’s original colourist
- Dolby Atmos and DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
- New exclusive audio commentary by Nicolas Winding Refn and The Guardian film critic Peter Bradshaw
- Drive: a 70 minutes conversation with Nicolas Winding Refn, Editor Mat Newman and Composer Cliff Martinez
- Cutting a Getaway – a new interview with Mat Newman
- 3 Point Turns – a new video essay by Leigh Singer
- Optional English subtitles for the hearing impaired
Limited Edition Contents
- Premium box set packaging with new artwork by AllCity
- 240-page hardback book with new essays by Travis Crawford, Hannah, Strong, Alison Taylor, Matthew Thrift, Simon Ward, Thomas Joseph Watson and Emma Westwood, an exclusive interview with Drive author James Sallis by Matthew Thrift, original storyboards, stills and behind-the-scenes photos
- The original novel with exclusive new artwork by AllCity
- 7 collectors’ art cards
A Special Edition release presented by Second Sight Films and Director Nicolas Winding Refn
DRIVE is available June 06 2022 on Blu-ray, 4K UHD, and Limited Edition 4K UHD from Second Sight Films