101 Films’ partnership with AGFA continues with two more fascinating titles that continue to show off this collaboration’s clear passion for bringing unique, intriguing films from their archive back into the public eye.
Whether you’re looking for an 8-foot monster sheep or some truly harrowing scare films to put you off ever touching drugs in your life, AGFA and 101 Films have you covered with their latest two releases. Titles like these remind us that physical media is alive and well, and supporting them goes a long way to make sure that we continue to get more like them – and ultimately, slow down streaming’s domination of home entertainment.
GODMONSTER OF INDIAN FLATS
Just when you thought it was safe to go back to the petting zoo! From the singular mind of infamous artist Fredric C. Hobbs (ALABAMA’S GHOST, ROSELAND), this is the story of an eight-foot-tall toxic sheep monster that blows up gas stations, smashes crooked politicians, and terrorizes stoners.
In the words of BASKET CASE filmmaker Frank Henenlotter, “Get the straight jackets ready!” From the surreal “wild west” locations to the outrageous monster effects and the infamous scene where the Godmonster crashes a childrens’ picnic, this is easily the most inexplicably deranged creature feature in the history of forever.
- New 4K transfer from the only surviving 35mm theatrical print
- Rampaging monster trailers from the AGFA vaults
- Berserker shorts from the Something Weird vaults
- Bonus Movie: THE LEGEND OF BIGFOOT (1975), a new 2K scan from an original theatrical print
- Reversible cover art with illustration by Shana Cleveland
THE SCARE FILM ARCHIVES: VOL. 1 – DRUG STORIES
What’s the best way to prevent young people from destroying their lives in a downward spiral of drug-fueled jubilation? Obviously, the answer is sentient LSD tabs, spiders on speed, and an ex-junkie named Florrie Fisher (the real-life inspiration for Amy Sedaris’s Jerri Blank character on STRANGERS WITH CANDY) berating them into submission.
DRUG STORIES collects the best-of-the-best educational drug-scare films from the twentieth century. Lovingly curated from Something Weird’s vaults, AGFA and Something Weird are thrilled to present 2K preservations of these bad trips, bummers, and flip-outs, all from original 16mm prints that were inflicted upon children in classrooms across the USA.
- New 2K preservations of these uncut scare film classics: BEYOND LSD • THE BOTTLE AND THE THROTTLE • CURIOUS ALICE • THE DISTANT DRUMMER • DRUGS, DRINKING, AND DRIVING • LSD: INSIGHT OR INSANITY • LSD 25 • NARCOTICS THE DECISION: GOOFBALLS AND TEA • NONE FOR THE ROAD • THE TRIP BACK • USERS ARE LOSERS
- Plus: DRUG STORIES! NARCOTIC NIGHTMARES AND HALLUCINOGENIC HELLRIDES — A full-length mixtape from the AGFA team!
GODMONSTER OF INDIAN FLATS and DRUG STORIES are available now on Blu-ray from 101 Films x AGFA