Lauded as one of the great horror films of the 21st Century, Session 9 is a tense creeping chiller from award-winning director Brad Anderson (The Machinist, Transsiberian), that’s earned a cult following since its original release in 2001 and now gets a thrilling Limited Edition Blu-ray release from specialists Second Sight Films.
Desperate to win the contract to clean up the abandoned Danvers State Mental Hospital, the boss of an asbestos removal company promises a rapid one-week turnaround and the pressure is on for his team. As tensions run high to get job done, the crew are harbouring their own dark secrets and they soon discover they’re not the only ones… the derelict building has its own ominous past. When a case history tape is uncovered, it reveals shocking secrets hidden within its walls and things take a twisted turn.
Featuring a stellar cast including David Caruso (First Blood, NYPD Blue) Stephen Gevedon (War of the Worlds, 13) Peter Mullan (Tyrannasour, War Horse), Josh Lucas (Ford v Ferrari, Glory Road), the film is set to arrive 27 December 2021 complete with a slew of brilliant special features including: Brand new interviews and commentaries, documentaries, deleted scenes and an alternative ending. The set is presented in a stunning rigid slipcase with new artwork by Christopher Shy, along with a soft cover book with new essays. Full details below.
Settle in for a disturbingly dark Session 9.
- Audio commentary by Director and Writer Brad Anderson and Writer Stephen Gevedon
- New audio commentary by Mike White and Jed Ayres
- The Darkside: a new interview with Brad Anderson
- Mike’s Session: a new interview with Stephen Gevedon
- Back to the Bat: a new interview with Producer David Collins and Director of Photography Uta Briesewitz
- Invisible Design: a new interview with Production Designer Sophie Carlhian
- The Sound of Dread: a new interview with Composers Robert Millis and Jeffery Taylor
- A Twisted Collage: Alexandra Heller-Nicholas on Session 9
- Return to Danvers documentary
- The Haunted Palace
- Horror’s Hallowed Grounds: Session 9
- Story to Screen with optional Director commentary
- Deleted scenes and alternate ending with optional Director commentary
LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS
- Rigid slipcase with new artwork by Christopher Shy
- Soft cover book with new essays by Charles Bramesco,Simon Fitzjohn and Alexandra Heller-Nicholas plus behind-the-scenes and location images
Title: Session 9 Limited Edition Blu-ray
Cat.No.: 2NDBR4140 Release Date: 27 December 2021
Cert: 15 Running Time: 100 mins
Region: B Pre-order here: bit.ly/Session9LtdEd