For fans of classic television, ITC is one the The Big Names. Founded by the irrepressible Lew Grade, this was the company that created some of the most memorable shows of the ‘60s and ‘70s. The Saint, Randall and Hopkirk (Deceased), Danger Man, The Champions, The Prisoner, Captain Scarlet, Stingray, Man In A Suitcase, Strange Report, Department S, Jason King, The Protectors, Space 1999... the list of shows they produced is almost as impressive as the star-names they attracted. And no show attracted bigger stars than The Persuaders!
Starring a pre-Bond Roger Moore, and Hollywood heart-throb Tony Curtis, The Persuaders! was iconic ITC fare—glamorous, fun, with bags of style, and top-notch writing from the likes of Brian Clemens and Terence Feely.
It’s been over 50 years since those two millionaire playboys began righting wrongs but The Persuaders! is still regarded by many as Lew Grade’s finest series.
Network released the full 24-episodes of the show for the series’ 40th birthday back in 2012. This new, 50th Anniversary limited edition anniversary collector’s compilation contains eight movie-length compilations of episodes which were originally released theatrically. On top of these goodies, there’s an entire disc featuring Network’s critically-acclaimed 50th anniversary VOD celebration, in which two remastered episodes – Overture and Greensleeves – are presented complete with commercial breaks. And that’s not all…
The Persuaders! Take 50:
- The full presentation of Network’s critically-acclaimed 50th anniversary VOD celebration.
- Overture: 1971 presentation with commercial breaks.
- The Persuaders! 40th Anniversary Event: Featuring a Q&A with Roger Moore and Barry Norman plus some behind-the-scenes background to the event.
- Greensleeves: 1971 presentation with commercial breaks.
- Tony Curtis – The Persuader!: An in depth interview from 2006.
- Eight movies reconstructed in widescreen from restored High Definition masters.
- Jaz Wiseman opens his archive and explores the enduring popularity of Curtis + Moore and the global success of The Persuaders! in a brand-new 140-page book.
The Persuaders! Take 50 is heaps of fun and a top-notch nostalgia experience.