Plot: A pair pf tough female cops take on all comers in the film that launched a genre.
Run time: 93 mins.
Release date: 12th December.
Bottom line: A must for any action-movie fan’s collection.
Originally released as Police Assassins, Yes Madam! was the first starring role for both Michelle Yeoh and Cynthia Rothrock, who stunned audiences with their incredible athleticism and stunt work.
The duo star as a couple of tough-as-nails cops, investigating the murder of a British spy, Launching both a successful franchise (the In the Line of Duty series) and the ‘girls with guns’ genre, Yes Madam! is one of the most important and influential films of its era.
Eureka Classics’ latest release presents the film in blu-ray for the fist time in the UK, from a brand-new 2K restoration.
As with all Eureka Classic releases, expect a wealth of extras, including a choice of the original Cantonese, optional English dub, or English subtitles. Scene select commentaries with Cynthia Rothrock and archival interviews with Michelle Yeoh—added to the full-length audio commentary, from action cinema experts Mike Leeder and Arne Venema—offer plenty of behind-the-scene details for the dedicated fan to enjoy.
Eureka’s recent action feature releases have been a joy—Yes Madam adds another to their growing and very welcome Hong Kong martial arts back catalogue. If you love action movies, then Yes, Madam! is an absolute must-buy.
- Limited Edition O-Card slipcase featuring new artwork by Darren Wheeling. (2000 copies.)
- 1080p HD presentation on Blu-ray of the original theatrical cut from a brand new 2K restoration.
- 1080p HD presentation on Blu-ray of the international export cut from a brand new 2K restoration.
- Theatrical Cut – Original Cantonese mono audio (optional theatrical and home video mixes).
- Theatrical Cut – Optional English 5.1 dubbed audio.
- Export Cut – Original classic English mono.
- Optional English Subtitles, newly translated for this release.
- Brand new feature length audio commentary by Asian film experts Frank Djeng (NY Asian Film Festival) & Michael Worth.
- Battling Babes – archival featurette.
- Reversible sleeve design.
- A Limited Edition collector’s booklet featuring new writing by James Oliver (2000 copies.)